Suffered an Auto Injury? Call The Car Accident Attorney Tulsa Residents Rely On!
Helping You Recover Compensation After a Car Accident
Car accidents are traumatic and can have lasting physical, emotional, and financial effects on you and your loved ones. To get what is fair after another driver's negligence, you need legal representation from an auto accident attorney in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that will fight aggressively for your legal rights and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Our skilled car accident lawyers at Oxford Lehr can help you seek just compensation for medical bills, lost income, property damage, emotional distress, pain, and suffering. Our personal injury lawyers are unwavering in supporting Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bartlesville, Claremore, and Muskogee car accident victims.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your car accident claims and how our personal injury lawyers can help you, call (918) 779-1987or contact a Tulsa car accident lawyer online.
How Much Is a car Accident Claim Worth?
The value of a car accident claim depends on three factors:
- The severity of the accident injury: An injury claim over a herniated disc or concussion will be worth more than one over a sprained wrist. This is because a trauma will negatively affect the victim's life for longer than a sprained wrist, taking longer to heal and costing more money.
- What losses, or damages, the victim suffered as a result of the car accident: Losses can range from medical expenses to lost wages, to pain and suffering, and more.
- Whether liability is shared: If the victim is partially at fault for the car accident, then compensation will be reduced according to their percentage of fault. This is known as the comparative negligence rule.
Car Accident Damages in Tulsa
Depending on the car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the following auto accident damages:
- Wages you missed because you were unable to attend work, or because injuries you sustained in the car accident limited your ability to work
- Current, past, and future medical bills from an ambulance ride, appointments with a doctor, physical therapy, medication, and more
- Car repairs that your vehicle needs
- Non-economic damages, such as pains you have had to endure or emotional stress you experienced as a result of the crash
Is Oklahoma a No Fault State for Car Accidents?
No, Oklahoma is not a no-fault state but is an at-fault state. The at-fault party is financially liable for any property damages and injuries from the car accident.
In certain cases where a driver’s excessively reckless actions caused an auto accident, you may be able to seek punitive damages. Should a person’s decision to drive drunk lead to wreck, for example, the victim in Tulsa can purse punitive compensation, in addition to the forms we have listed above.
The unexpected costs of a crash can be challenging to take on for individuals and families alike. From repair bills to medical care, our auto accident lawyers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, know the potential financial burdens our clients face. That is why we are tenacious advocates for our clients and do everything in our power to help them get what they need after a wreck.
Statute of Limitations: How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
Oklahoma law places a two-year time limit on when individuals can file a claim for their accident. This is known as the “statute of limitations." Once it runs out, you will no longer be eligible for monetary compensation.
While two years might seem like a long time, your day-to-day life, the legal process, and other factors could delay the filing, and you do not want to run out of time. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, it is recommended that you consult a Tulsa car accident attorney as soon as you can to protect your right to compensation.
What to Do If You Have Been Injured in a Car Wreck
If you suffer injuries in a car crash, it is crucial that you seek medical attention in Tulsa as soon as possible for yourself and/or your passengers. Seeing a medical professional for your injuries can put you on a quicker path to recovery and help you detect or track the progress of any hidden issues that could appear months or years after.
Additionally, being examined and treated by a doctor, physician’s assistant, or nurse can aid your legal case. This is because having an official record of your injuries and their severity can help you demonstrate to a judge how the accident impacted you and why you need the damages you are asking for.
Beyond seeking medical help, here are three things you should do if you have been injured in a wreck:
- Call the local authorities and make sure to file a Tulsa police report. Doing this will ensure you have a record of the accident, which you will need in your injury case.
- Take pictures and videos of the crash and your injuries. Like medical and police records, this documentation can be crucial evidence in your case.
- When it is safe and/or possible to do so, get the other driver's information in the accident. Information you should gather includes their name, phone number, insurance provider and policy number, license plate number, and driver's license number.
After taking the above steps, seek the help of a trusted Tulsa auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Retaining a lawyer after a car accident can help you build your injury case and prepare to seek appropriate damages.
Call (918) 779-1987to speak with our car accident lawyers in Tulsa. Se habla español!
We Help You Get the Most from Insurance Companies
Getting the compensation that is rightfully yours from a claim with an insurance company can be complex. Insurance companies are often determined to try and pay as little as possible. Our Tulsa car accident lawyers at Oxford Lehr take on insurers who try to deny our clients the money they need. To get what it is, we consult experts in various fields, such as physicians, forensic engineers, and collision reconstruction analysts, to make your case.
Trust our lawyers to help you receive what you deserve. Contact us online or call us today at (918) 779-1987.
Aggressive & Dedicated Representation
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Team
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of our lawsuit.” - Diann
“I recommend their firm for all your W/C personal injury needs.” - Rick
“I felt like I found someone who cared and wanted to help.” - Brenda