Rideshare Accident Attorneys in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Have you been hurt in an accident while riding in an Uber/Lyft or driving for these companies? If so, you can seek ample compensation for your injuries. Doing so is not without challenges, but at Oxford Lehr, we can help you navigate the legal processes and get the money you deserve. We are rideshare accident attorneys in Tulsa who have been a lifeline for numerous people in our city and throughout Oklahoma. To discuss your case and how our team can help, contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Call (918) 779-1987 or submit our online contact form with details about your situation.
Who Is Liable in an Uber/Lyft Accident?
The rideshare driver, rideshare company, and any other negligent party could be liable in a car accident. Generally, the determining factor for liability is whether the driver is “on duty.” Being “on duty” means a driver has logged into the rideshare app and is available for ride requests.
Uber and Lyft’s insurance policies cover accidents involving on-duty drivers.
This includes wrecks where the injured party was:
- The rideshare driver.
- A passenger in a rideshare.
- Struck by a rideshare driver.
Injured parties can sue Uber or Lyft if the compensation they would receive through an insurance settlement is inadequate.
If a driver is not on duty, they could be personally liable for an auto accident. A third party that caused a wreck can also be liable.
What to Do After an Uber/Lyft Accident?
There are a few things those in Uber/Lyft accidents can do to better their chances of receiving compensation for injuries. However, before taking these steps, it is important to note that health and safety are paramount in car wrecks. After an accident, call local authorities and seek medical attention for injuries as soon as possible.
Other key steps to take:
- Document The Scene: Take pictures and videos of the wreck if feasible. Keep all medical records and note expenses that stem from the accident. These can all serve as evidence in a claim.
- Collect Driver Information: When applicable, get the rideshare driver’s license plate number, insurance information, and name. Do the same for other drivers involved.
- Submit a Report Through the Ridesharing App: Both Uber and Lyft have portals on their apps for submitting accident reports. Complete these as soon as you can after a wreck.
- Consult an Attorney: Should another’s negligence have caused an accident, consider retaining a lawyer to help navigate the claims process or pursue a lawsuit.
Speak to one of our Tulsa rideshare accident attorneys about your options for seeking damages. The laws pertaining to Uber and Lyft’s liability in car wrecks are still evolving and can be complicated. However, we are equipped to take on cases and fight hard for the compensation our clients need.
Call (918) 779-1987 or reach out online to consult our team.
Aggressive & Dedicated Representation
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Team
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of our lawsuit.” - Diann
“I recommend their firm for all your W/C personal injury needs.” - Rick
“I felt like I found someone who cared and wanted to help.” - Brenda