Tulsa Premises Liability Lawyer
Experienced Advocates for Premises Liability Claims in Oklahoma
At Oxford Lehr, we understand that accidents can happen anywhere, and when they occur due to unsafe or negligent conditions on someone else's property, the consequences can be devastating. If you or a loved one have been injured on someone else's property in Tulsa, you have grounds for a premises liability claim. Our experienced team of Tulsa premises liability lawyers is here to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Call Oxford Lehr today at (918) 884-6016 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our premises liability attorney in Tulsa!
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to the legal responsibility of property owners or occupiers to maintain a safe environment for those who enter their premises. This duty of care extends to residential and commercial properties, encompassing various settings such as homes, stores, restaurants, office buildings, and more. When property owners fail to uphold their duty of care by neglecting necessary maintenance, repairs, or safety measures, they can be held liable for injuries that occur as a result.
Common examples of premises liability cases include slip and fall accidents, inadequate security leading to assaults, dog bites, defective conditions on the property, and accidents caused by poor maintenance. Establishing premises liability requires demonstrating that the property owner's negligence or failure to address hazardous conditions directly led to your injury.
What Damages Can I Claim in a Premises Liability Claim?
You may seek compensation for various damages if you've been injured due to a property owner's negligence. These damages can include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for past, current, and future medical bills related to your injuries
- Lost Wages: You may be eligible to recover lost wages if your injuries caused you to miss work. Additionally, if your earning capacity has been permanently affected, you could seek compensation for diminished future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish resulting from the accident and your injuries are also compensable. This can include anxiety, depression, and a decreased quality of life.
- Property Damage: You may be able to claim these costs if personal property was damaged in the accident, such as a smartphone or other belongings.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of extreme negligence or willful misconduct, punitive damages might be awarded to punish the responsible party and deter future similar behavior.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one loses their life due to a premises liability accident, their surviving family members may have the right to file a wrongful death claim, seeking compensation for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
What is the Statute of Limitations of Premises Liability in Oklahoma?
In most cases, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims is two years from the date of the injury.
Contact Our Tulsa Premises Liability Attorney Today
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial hardships arising from premises liability accidents. With our extensive experience, comprehensive legal knowledge, and compassionate approach, we are ready to guide you through the complexities of the legal process and help you achieve a favorable outcome.
Contact Oxford Lehr today to schedule a consultation with our premises liability lawyer in Tulsa!
Aggressive & Dedicated Representation
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Team
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of our lawsuit.” - Diann
“I recommend their firm for all your W/C personal injury needs.” - Rick
“I felt like I found someone who cared and wanted to help.” - Brenda