Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oklahoma state law requires most employers to provide workers’ compensation for an employee who is unable to work because of an injury or illness. This no-fault insurance covers medical costs, lost wages, and rehabilitation expenses for employees who cannot perform their regular duties because of injuries they sustained on the job.
Our experienced workers' compensation lawyers in Tulsa are tireless advocate for employees in our city, as well those in Bartlesville, Broken Arrow, Claremore, and Muskogee. We help them seek just and fair compensation for their injuries by providing them with guidance as they apply for the benefits they deserve. We also aggressively appeal denials to ensure we have done everything we can to help our clients.
For help with your workers’ compensation case, contact the attorneys at Oxford Lehr. Call us today at (918) 779-1987 or reach out to us online.
Expenses Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Benefits Cover
The type of workers’ compensation benefits a company provides depends on its size, the type of business they run, and the work their employees do.
Generally, benefits cover:
- Medical expenses such as surgeries, prescriptions, doctor visits, and more
- Wages a worker lost or missed because of their injuries
- Permanent disability compensation
- Death benefits for family members of a person who died because of a workplace accident
- Training and other kinds of education for workers who cannot perform their job anymore and need another occupation
If you have been injured in an accident at work, you need to contact your employer about filing a written workers’ compensation claim within 30 days. While filing you should pay careful attention to company policies that detail how you should file a claim. Failing to meet certain criteria in the policies could make it more difficult to seek workers’ compensation benefits.
Why You Should Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
A skilled and caring workers’ compensation lawyer can help you navigate issues with your claim and work to get you the full benefits you deserve.
Our Tulsa workers’ compensation attorneys at Oxford Lehr can help you in the following ways:
- Unfortunately for workers who have been hurt in an accident, many companies have policies in place that allow them to pay as little benefits as possible. These policies may also permit companies to outright deny certain claims. Our attorneys are committed to combatting unfair policies and helping clients get compensation that actually meets their needs.
- If your claim has been denied, you might feel discouraged. Do not let it get you down. Our attorneys can investigate the reasons for denial and guide you through the appeal process.
- Workers’ compensation benefits do not cover emotional duress, enduring pain, or suffering. We can help you file a separate negligence action against your employer for these types of damages.
- In the event that someone besides your employer caused an accident, you may also be able to make third-party claim against them. We can provide the guidance you need to properly hold the negligent party accountable.
Our legal team at Oxford Lehr takes on all kinds of workers’ compensation cases. Whenever you need an advocate, we take pride in being the firm to call.
We do, however, focus on two specific categories of workplace injury cases that require pertinent experience and skill to handle: catastrophic injuries and oil field/oil rig accidents. These types of cases typically concern especially severe injuries, which can lead to permanent disabilities or the death of a loved one. Seeking compensation for these cases can be complicated, but we know that fighting for what is fair is crucial for our clients and their ability to move on from the accident.
To find out how our attorneys can help your case, schedule a consultation with us today.
Call (918) 779-1987 or contact us online.
Aggressive & Dedicated Representation
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Team
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of our lawsuit.” - Diann
“I recommend their firm for all your W/C personal injury needs.” - Rick
“I felt like I found someone who cared and wanted to help.” - Brenda