Oil Field and Oil Rig Injuries
Tulsa Oil Field and Oil Rig Injury Lawyers
The companies that own oil fields and oil rigs are required by law to keep their employees safe from the job’s many hazards. Unfortunately, negligence, faulty equipment and machinery, or ineffective safety policies can lead to serious accidents. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) workers in oil fields or operating oil rigs face hazards such as vehicle collisions, fires, explosions, electrocution, and injuries from machinery, among others. If you or a loved one have been injured while performing duties for an oil company, you may be entitled to hold them or a third party accountable and seek fair compensation.
Our oil field and oil rig accident attorneys in Tulsa have decades of experience helping individuals and families throughout Oklahoma recover medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Taking on a big oil company can seem daunting, but you can trust that we have the experience and skill to rise to the occasion and fight to get what you deserve.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your case, call us at (918) 884-6016 or contact us online.
Oil Field Injury Claims in Oklahoma
Depending on the circumstances, a person who sustains an injury while working in an oil field may be able to pursue compensation in one or more of the following ways:
- By state law, workers who have been injured in an oil field accident are entitled to receive workers’ compensation. The benefits from the company’s insurance company generally cover medical costs and up to 70% of lost wages. Workers do not have to establish fault when seeking a claim.
- If an oil field accident causes a person’s death, their spouse and children can seek up to $10,000 to cover funeral and other expenses. They can also recover wages, but the amount they are eligible to get depends on the number of children the deceased had and whether they were married.
- Filing a personal injury claim is an option for employees who were hurt because of a company’s negligence. Contract workers who are not employees of the company but who were hurt in an accident on the oil field can also file a claim. Those who file can seek full compensation for missed wages, medical expenses, and non-economic damages.
- Should a company’s negligence result in the death of an employee or contract worker, the surviving family can file a wrongful death claim. Benefits include funeral costs, pecuniary damages, and other losses.
To determine what type of claim you could be eligible to pursue, consult our experienced oil field and oil rig attorneys in Tulsa. When you work with us, we will gather all the evidence we can and develop a strategy to get you the financial support you need after an accident.
Pursuing Damages from a Third Party
When a worker sustains an injury in an oil field because of malfunctioning equipment, they could take action against manufacturers. This is especially useful for individuals who are only eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits but who also want to recover damages for non-economic impacts of their injuries. Examples of this include chronic pain from the injury, a decrease in quality of life, substantial stress from hardships the accident brought, and more.
Oil companies will do all they can to avoid liability for a worker’s injury. Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to counter their efforts and advocate aggressively for what our clients deserve when a company is at fault.
When we take on your case, we can:
- Examine industry standards and legal regulations for safety and determine whether the company’s policies were adhering to them
- Analyze company safety protocols and training and identify any discrepancies in how the company operates or trains its employees
- Collect evidence from your accident to prove cause, such as inadequate equipment maintenance, mishandling dangerous chemicals, or a lack of regular safety inspections
- Identify ways that supervisors or other people in positions of power failed to perform their jobs at a level that would keep you and other workers safe
Our attorneys at Oxford Lehr know it is not easy to pursue a personal injury claim. Despite the difficulty, we understand the support a successful case can provide is invaluable for our clients and their families. That is why our legal team takes pride in advocating aggressively on behalf of oil and gas industry workers we serve in Tulsa, Bartlesville, Broken Arrow, Claremore, and Muskogee.
Call us at (918) 884-6016 or contact us online.
Aggressive & Dedicated Representation
Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Team
“I am extremely pleased with the outcome of our lawsuit.” - Diann
“I recommend their firm for all your W/C personal injury needs.” - Rick
“I felt like I found someone who cared and wanted to help.” - Brenda